Chicken Pasta Bowl with Asparagus and Sugar-Pod Peas. A medley of Spring vegetable favorites makes this pasta bowl delicious and healthy.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
This chicken pasta bowl is one of my favorite way to combine the late spring vegetables from my garden. Another favorite is to combine the sugar pod peas with new baby spring potatoes. It is quick and straightforward to make, super delicious, and shouts welcome summer. If you are vegetarian, then skip the chicken or use the Beyond Meat grilled chicken strips. I love it with both the Beyond Meat and the real chicken. Add a green salad and a toasted artisan baguette, and dinner is ready.
Do I need any special ingredients to make this Chicken Pasta Bowl?
I guess the answer to that is how you define “special” I personally think that all of the ingredients are special. The vegetables are organically grown in my garden, and I make my own pasta. I know most of you don’t have a garden; however, asparagus and sugar-pod peas still make this dish special. This fettuccine is an egg pasta; however, a vegetable (spinach, carrot, or beet) pasta is also good. The beet pasta is beautiful with green vegetables. That is unless you aren’t into purplish pasta. The other ingredients are simple; Half and Half, butter, and parmesan cheese. Quick and easy to make. Unless you make your own pasta, then it can take about 90 minutes longer.
How do I make a chicken pasta bowl.
For my recipe on how to make the pasta (click here); otherwise, you will need a pound of purchased pasta. I love roasting vegetables in the oven. The asparagus and sugar-pod peas are the perfect combinations, as they require the same time and temperature to achieve a perfectly done vege.
While the veggies are roasting, grill the seasoned chicken breast in a grill press or grill pan on the stove. Make sure the grilling surface is very hot before you put the seasoned chicken breast on it. Lastly, make the sauce with Half and Half and butter heated in the microwave. Add grated parmesan to the hot sauce and stir to mix in.
Now it’s time to put it all together. Put the pasta on the plate, add the sauce, veges, and top with the grilled sliced chicken breast. Sprinkle on some fresh-grated parmesan cheese and garnish with Italian parsley. Let’s eat our chicken pasta bowls. YUM!
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
Chicken Pasta Bowl with Asparagus and Sugar-Pod Peas
- 1 lb pasta (450g)fettucini (click here) for my homemade recipe)
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half and pounded to 1/2 inch thick.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (450g)
- ½ lb sugar pod peas (225 g)
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup Half and Half (236 ml)
- 1 cup parmesian cheese (100g) grated
- 4 tbsp butter
- Cook the pasta and grill the chicken breasts while the vegetables are roasting.
Roast The Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450°°F. Snap the tough ends off of the asparagus and cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Spread the asparagus and sugar-pod peas on a roasting pan. Sprinkle with the minced garlic. Drizzle with the olive oil. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Roast for 8 - 10 minutes or until fork- tender.
Grill the Chicken Breast
- Season the Chicken Breast with salt and pepper and grill until the internal temp is 170°F, or the juices run clear when it is cut into.
Cook the Pasta and Assemble
- Bring 4-6 quarts of salted water to a full rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook to desired doneness. 6-7 minutes for al-dente. If pasta is freshly made, 90 seconds to 2 minutes for al-dente.
- Once pasta is done drain, split between 4 serving bowls. Heat the half with the butter in a bowl until hot in the microwave. Stir in the parmesan cheese to combine and pour 1/4 portions over each bowl of pasta. Divide the roasted vegetable equally between the pasta bowl Slice the grilled chicken breast and place it on top. Garnish with some fresh-grated parmesan cheese and Italian parsley.